Steve Brenia - Career Summary
Marketer, Leader, Innovator, and Strategist; Builder of Brands, Revenue and Profits ...
Consumer marketer with strong experience in marketing, general management, marketing research, P&L responsibility, turnarounds, acquisitions and divestitures, with major consumer goods and food companies… (RJR/Nabisco, Borden, Alberto Culver, Rexall Sundown, Turtle Wax and Steak n Shake); also smaller companies (FMB, a start-up, Floor Coverings Int’l, and AMS). Board-level experience; KKR, Borden Capital Mgt Partners and Turtle Wax.
• Strategy and business plan development
• Leadership, team building, facilitation & mentoring
• Consumer positioning and strategy
• Communication, advertising, PR, etc
• MRD, consumer insights, business analytics
• Business development, acquisitions & divestitures
• New product innovation, development & commercialization
• Multi unit retail marketing and foodservice
• Promotion, consumer & trade, category management
• B2B Marketing and Sales
• Consulting, fortune 500 & small business
• Web page; content management, web marketing
• Process improvement/creation
• Plant associate to board level presentation skills
• Successfully grew and managed brands that collectively represent over $2.1 billion in annual sales
• Created, developed and introduced new products collectively generating over $1 billion in sales since launch.
• Created "Value” (improved consumption, market share, revenue, spending efficiency and profits), across multiple
companies/categories. The true measure of success in 360 degrees.
• Led the turnaround of five brands/business units from negative to positive profit. Successfully divested five brands/business
units. Divested at 10X EBITDA.
• Co-founder of a “white paper” start-up company (U.S. Patent 5412891); small business management and consulting experience.
• Have successfully led people, functions, cross functional teams, and changed company culture... for the "Better".
Feature Article in Promo Magazine